Georgia Surrogacy Laws
There is no Georgia case law or any state statute that prohibits the practice of gestational or traditional surrogacy. As a result, both types of surrogacy are permitted in Georgia and are practiced throughout cities like Atlanta, Augusta, and Columbus.
Laws Concerning Parentage Orders in Georgia
Georgia allows for its courts to grant pre-birth orders, but results can vary greatly from county to county (Ga. Code Ann. §19-8-42). Courts that will grant pre-birth parentage orders will grant to married, unmarried, opposite-, or same-sex couples, regardless of whether at least one parent is genetically related to the child.
Egg and Sperm Donor Law in Georgia
Under Georgia statute, when a child is born to a married couple as a result of assisted reproduction performed by a physician, the law recognizes the husband as the father (Ga. Code Ann. § 19-7-21.). When a child is conceived as a result of an embryo transfer, the child is presumed to be the child of the intended parents (Ga. Stat. § 19-8-4.).
Georgia Stepparent and Second-Parent Adoption Law
Some Georgia courts will grant stepparent adoptions; however, the circumstances in which courts will grant them vary, depending on the Georgia county and the presiding judge in that county. Generally, couples must be married in order for a court to grant a stepparent adoption.
Fertility Clinics in Georgia
- Shady Grove Fertility Center in Atlanta, Ga., 404-843-2229
- Reproductive Biology Associates, 404-257-1900
- Atlanta Center for Reproductive Medicine, 770-928-2276
- Servy Massey Fertility Institute, 706-724-0228
- Central Georgia Fertility Institute, 487-757-7888
- Georgia Reproductive Specialists, 888-761-1967
- Reproductive Health, August University, 706-722-4434
- Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility, 706-653-6344
- Southeastern Fertility Institute, 678-366-2154
- Northeast Assisted Fertility, 800-710-1677
- Nezhat Medical Center, 404-255-8778 and 888-659-2311
Call Baby Steps Surrogacy Center, Inc.
Georgia surrogacy laws don’t have to be a stumbling block for your perfect family. The surrogacy professionals at Baby Steps Surrogacy Center, Inc. can make the process smooth and efficient for you. Call our office at 412-281-9906 or reach us through the contact buttons at the top of this page.