Florida Surrogacy Laws
Under Florida statute, gestational surrogacy is permitted, provided that specific requirements are met (F.S.A. § 742.15.). Florida statute requires that the surrogate be eighteen years of age or older, the intended parents be married and eighteen years of age or older, and a gestational surrogacy contract between the surrogate and intended parents be executed.
Traditional surrogacy is permitted in Florida and is treated as a preplanned adoption; however, a traditional surrogate’s consent is revocable for up to forty-eight hours after the birth of the child (F.S.A. § 63.213.).
Both types of surrogacy are practiced in Florida cities like Miami, Tampa, and Orlando.
Laws Concerning Parentage Orders in Florida
Pre-birth parentage orders are generally not granted in Florida. Parentage orders to name the intended parents on a birth certificate cannot be issued until after the child is born. Post-birth orders are only granted to married couples where at least one of the intended parents is genetically related to the child.
Egg and Sperm Donor Law in Florida
Under Florida statute, the donor of any egg, sperm, or embryo, other than the commissioning couple or a father who has executed a preplanned adoption, relinquishes all rights and obligations to any children born as a result of their donation (F.S.A § 742.14.).
The statute also limits compensation for donated eggs, sperm, and pre-embryos.
Florida Stepparent and Second-Parent Adoption Law
Florida allows for a stepparent to adopt their partner’s child. Florida courts will grant stepparent adoptions to married, unmarried, opposite-, and same-sex couples.
Fertility Clinics in Florida
- Fertility Center and Applied Genetics of Florida, 941-342-1568
- Southwest Florida Fertility Center, 239-243-0207
- IVF Florida, 954-247-6200
- Viera Fertility Center, 321-751-4673
- Brown Fertility, 904-260-0352 and 407-244-5515
- Center for Reproductive Medicine, 800-343-6331
- Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine, 904-399-5620 and 800-556-5620
- Boca Fertility, 844-207-0044
- Florida Fertility Institute, 727-796-7705 and 813-933-9166
- Reproductive Medicine Group, 813-914-7304
- Fertility & IVF Center of Miami, 305-596-4013
- Fertility Center of Orlando, 407-345-9006
- IVF Florida Reproductive Associates, 866-770-2168
- South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine, 954-433-7060
- Fertility Care: The IVF Center, 407-672-1106
Speak with Baby Steps Surrogacy Center, Inc.
Florida surrogacy laws can be confusing. Fortunately, Baby Steps Surrogacy Center, Inc. can clear up the confusion and help you complete your surrogacy journey. To start working with us, give us a call at 412-281-9906 or reach us through the contact buttons at the top of this page.